Sunday, April 7, 2019

The Camino Way

The first few days behind me now, I'm starting to look around more, ponder more and day dream.  With the simple life of a Pilgrim ones senses get heighten.  This morning it was the spring birds songs that started it off.  The sun hadn't come up over the hills and the clouds changed from minute to minute, from mist in the fields to a rainbow showing up for short
time.

We have been walking through mostly remote forest here in northern Spain.  Passing small villages that could be three houses at the corner of two roads with maybe a restaurant where locals gather.

Pilgrims on the road ask how your doing as they pass.  The word gets out of who's having trouble who's made it through the day.  At least most of us who are staying at the Albergues all get to know one another or at least names and where they're from.  Its this camaraderie that carries me along on the walk.  The encouragement helps during the day.

Yesterday I worried about resting for a day losing sight of the people I've met, but than last night in the room of eight I met several new people who I saw on the path today and am having dinner with tonight.  When I went to support groups for the Puget Sound Camino Association there did seem something special those that had done the Camino shared.  I now know what that is, its having lived for 33 days or more in a world of caring people.