Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Stream of Thoughts on the Meseta

The meseta is a metaphor for life.  Some say life is boring, some rush through the meseta to get out of the boring landscape.  I say when life or the landscape gets boring is the time to look inward, when the land gets flat it's time to start thinking.

A couple of days ago at an Albergue some asked the question, "What did you think about on the trail today?"  I realized then, I forget about what I think about during my walk.  So a couple of days ago walking through the meseta I started jotting down my thoughts.  Here are`s a list.

The walking rhythm of the meseta;
da dooo  da dooo
da doot doot doot

Where have all the food trucks gone


What crops are growing

No ones ever in the fields

So many towns are empty, empty enough to call them ghost towns

Where would one go bird watching

Love the linen curtains in the windows in town

There are more pilgrims on the path than cars on the road

A town on the map may not have a lunch spot

Today we hit the midway point














When I don't see a yellow arrow within 100 meters of one I start to get nervous

No comments: