Tuesday, April 9, 2019

A Pilgrim at Last

I've walked 79.8 miles in the last five days.  Mostly through drizzle off and on all day.  Today the sun shined.  This morning was the first morning I felt confident that I could do the 14.9 miles.  The Albergue last night in Puente La Reina offered an hour massage for E30.  It was wonderfull.  I stretched afterwards.

Walking through villages I've only tried to go in two churches along the way.  One was locked but the one today had its doors wide open so I went it.  Here is
the history about the church.  Ellowese sat in the church by her self to greet visitors.  She only speaks Spanish and I only speak English.  I pointed at the pipe organ at the back of the church ran my figures as if I were playing it.  Ellowese said shook her head no then went on to explain by running her fingers as if she were playing the organ, then pointed to herself.  She use to play the organ.

Going around in the church I found in a corner an old music book, interesting statues and felt like I was in a refuge.  Finally I feel like a true pilgrim, not just a walker.





No comments: