Saturday, October 11, 2008

Finding my nitch in Koutiala

This week it felt like I had found my nitch here in Koutiala. Since Saturday I have been going on a bicycle ride every morning. For the last five mornings I figure I have been doing 22 km round trip. This has changed my whole outlook on the day. I bicycle out the main road to Sikasso south of Koutiala. The mornings are cool; the birds are singing and all the industrial city is left behind for a while.

Monday when I reported to the Union where I go to work everyday for a couple of hours there was a metal workers formation (training) going on. It went on all week and the Bogolan women was there too so being at the Union was interesting. I took pictures for the first time in a long time, drank tea, and watched the metal workers build their fabricated structure.


I have been in Mali now for three months and Koutiala for one month.

No comments: