Thursday, June 12, 2008

And Away We Gooooo




The staging packet arrived on Tuesday, Philadelphia here I come July 6th and Mali just beyond.

This is the invite to my going away party that Laura and I are throwing for our friends, family and community. Without their support I could not take off and volunteer for the Peace Corps. We will have a potluck dinner, enjoy each others company and dance the night away. Leave a comment if you want more information.

Today is my last day at work. This is shaky ground, the beginning of change, of the unknown, and the adventure. They had a nice taco potluck and gave me several nice cards. I thanked the support staff and gave them little gifts.

Ideas about packing change everyday.

Visiting with my daughter and foster daughter and some heart to hearts were hard but it made me feel closer to them before I take off. I have to realize this will be a big change for the people I am closes to. My brother and his girlfriend will be here from Australia on July 4Th for a whirl wind visit. Laura is in Maryland on her bimonthly visit.

Looking forward to being out of the office out of 9 to five and learning new things.

No comments: